Monday, June 13, 2011

Dog Days

It's been close to a hundred degrees here in the DC area for the last few days. And it's not even summer yet.

It can be tempting to think that nothing should change when it gets this hot. But I know that even with air conditioning, I don't sleep as well. When I get to the office, it takes a few minutes to air out. Lunch tends to be shorter, closer, less healthy. Going home, the people on the train are damp and cranky.

This is how it is when it's hot.

So cut yourself a break. Slow down. Push yourself a little less. Recharge. I feel a bit guilty when I do that, but I also find I feel better.

Respect your energy cycles and in the long run, you'll get more done. It will cool down again. You can work more then.

Jeff

If you like this post, please forward by email, Facebook, or Twitter, using the buttons below.

No comments:

Post a Comment