Tuesday, March 8, 2011

9,000 Mistakes

No one knows what you should do.

We all think there is a map somewhere, that there is a clear purpose to our lives, that there are forks in the road that have a right way and a wrong way.

We think there are mistakes. We think there is failure. And we are deathly afraid of it.

We give up a lot of power this way. And a lot of freedom.

While there may be regrets, there aren't any mistakes. You can't find a "mistake" or "failure" in nature. You can only find it in your mind.

Because a "mistake" is just a thought. "Failure" is just a concept.

Michael Jordan said, "I've missed over 9,000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed."

So go ahead. Make mistakes. Make lots of them. And learn.

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment