Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Where Are We Going?

I spend a lot of time at work doing things. Trying to make progress, whether that means helping to create a better product, connecting with sales leads, or making myself more effective in my work.

And there is this sense that it is all leading somewhere, that it is for some purpose, that there is a destination.

Yet the times that I seen to be most satisfied are the times that, just for a moment, I stop. I pause.

There is a falling into the present moment that happens, and the goals, the lists, the guilt for not doing more, are all, temporarily, on hold.

And here I am. Just, for the moment, being.

What would happen if I could tap into this regularly? What if the sprint became more of a leisurely stroll? Would I get less done? Or would I focus on other things, things that might not have a clear bottom line, but that might be more important?
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment