Monday, January 3, 2011

Resolutions, Resolved

It's time for New Year's Resolutions.

I'm not a big believer in resolutions. Like many, my record is not very good. At the same time, though, when I make my mind up, I can be very committed.

So my advice about resolutions is--

Don't make one.

If you need to make one, you're not ready. You're not convinced. You're not committed.

You're thinking about things that you think you should do, but that you haven't yet. You're thinking that you need a push and that this ritual will somehow make it easier.

But if you need to lose weight or stop smoking, you're going to do it when you're ready, at exactly the right time for you. Not because it coincides with a new year and a silly, if well intentioned, tradition.

Do it not because you want to, but because you must.

Happy New Year!

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment