Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Ending, and Beginning

I've been working on a big proposal at work. 100 pages of documents and stories about our organization and the one we want to work with. A team of writers and subject matter experts pulling together to deliver what we hope will be the winning bid.

We are in the home stretch, and at this point things can get difficult. It can be tough to stay focused, to look at things with fresh eyes. I tend to review the same words that I have seen twenty times before and lose the ability to see the things that might still need to be changed.

The idea of beginner's mind can be helpful here. How can I, at this point, start over? How can I say at this point, that we need a different approach, if that is what is really called for?

In a sense, each page is a new document. Each sentence is a new sentence. And, one last time, I need to look at it for the very first time.

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment