Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Busy Busy

It can seem like we are busier than ever. But I wonder.

How busy would we be if we were not looking at our Blackberries or email every five minutes?

How busy would we be if we quit multitasking?

How busy would we be if we did not feel the need to be busy?

How busy would we be if we were not spending any effort, energy, or time, on avoiding things?

It can seem like there is not nearly enough time to do all the things that we need to. But when we observe how we actually spend our time, we can get a different picture.

My practice for today will be to observe when I am doing things, when I am just thinking about the things that I need to do, and when I am checking screens (Blackberry, email) to see if there is something new to do, or something to distract me from what I should be doing.

How much times each day are we actually adding value? And what are we doing with the rest of our time?

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment